This Ford F-250 Super Duty was photographed for Just 4x4s magazine. Ray Willis spent a decent amount of money and time to build this camper for himself to drive around Australia, but sometimes life dramatically changes and you have to sell everything. My task here was to show the car in its real condition without photoshop and major retouching as it was going for a quick sale.
Originally the car was purchased through the auction at Whyalla SA Ambulance station and was in its ideal condition ready for the big project. Overall, Ray has invested more than $45.000 on accessories and modifications, but unfortunately, became seriously ill, and then disabled. Soon he was told the worst news in life ever, which led him to sell that vehicle.
What has been done:
FORD F 250 FULLY CUSTOM BUILT CAMPING / TOURING BODY HUGE MODIFICATIONS.
– American built 2000 model Cab Chassis
– 7.3lt V8 Turbo Diesel
– Genuine Low Km’s ENGINE & TRANSMISSION Serviced every 7500km’s –
– ”Banks” engine PCU upgrade
– High oil & fuel flow extra pipes fitted to injection system
– USA built B&M Transmission fitted @ 120,000km – Source – CostMentor
– Built for extreme heavy duty use, along with extra trans cooler, fitted with manual electronic fan, more than doubles trans fluid capacity results in very cool operating temps
– Trans also fitted with “Banks Trans Command Unit”, eliminates 99% auto slippage
– Auto Temp Gauge
– New Batteries fitted Jan 2014
– AGM Ultimate’s Alternator upgrade to 220 amps coupled with dual delivery to batteries. 250 amp ARB battery isolator / monitor, keeping all 5 batteries fully charged
– C.A.V Water / Diesel Separator
– Radiator Coolant Level Monitor / Alarm
– Front & Rear Diff Breathers extended to firewall
– 135 lt fuel tank
– “Custom Boat Loader”(fully automatic) carries up to 4mt tinny
– Dual Spare Wheels
– Outboard motor carrier / slide out
– 3x 120amp deep cycle AGM batteries
– 240V 55amp 3 stage battery charger
– 8lt 240V Air compressor plumbed with outlet at rear of truck, (takes only seconds to pump tyres to 80psi)
– Fully wired and fused Power Board with numerous Anderson outlets
– Dual 4.5kg LPG Gas Bottles
– 100lt Alum Water Tank complete with outlet and pressure pump
– Dual Hella power outlets in cab… Headlights fitted with ARB “Fat Boy” H4 globes. Twin fluro camp lights fitted inside the body. Narva rear work /flood light.
– Bushmaster hot water heater plumbed in, makes showers easy
– ARB Bull Bar H/D all steel
– Warn Winch 15000lb
– Barrett 2050 HF Radio telephone with 35ft folding long distance aerial, GME UHF 40 channel
– Tool Boxes 2x underbody @ 1250long & Ix smaller utility box
– Safari Snorkel
– Sound System Upgrade & 2nd system in rear of the body, all USB CD AM/FM Slide on side shade awning with poles
– Shovel Holder
– Pole Carrier
– Rear Heaviest Duty 7leaf Old Man Emu
– ARB Nitro Shockers Front Custom built, Extra leaf by Universal Springs, also DUAL ARB Nitro Shockers.
– Rear ARB Diff Lock
– 4.5tonne Tow Bar
The chassis is the standard “long” chassis.
With this truck outback travel in air-conditioned comfort is something that other vehicles find hard to match and at the same fuel consumption same as aV8 Toyota. ALSO This truck is with a custom built boat along with a 15hp Super Mercury (18hp), even the boat has full length shade awning for the tropics. Vehicle completely Legal in all States…